Dec 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

My New Year’s resolution is to be more green!

Typically I have pretty wacky pen’s on set. My personal favorite was a light up pen that each time you clicked it changed into a different color or flash pattern (Probably not environmentally friendly). I also enjoyed my “Camp is Cool” pen. I don’t know why, but it always made people smile and then I’d say (like in American Pie) “One time at band camp”! Hey, I have to have fun with my gear! But now, I must think green. I have found pens online that are made from recycled paper, recycled plastic and recycled wood. I ordered some today and I’ll let you know what I think.

From Cocoa And Caffeine Hollywood Travels blog I found her link to an article on Green Filmmaking. Which in turn led me to the New Mexico’s film commission web site on Green Film Making! (thanks for the great links)

Also, I promise to re-use my water bottle on set. I am frequently guilty of placing it by the monitor and forgetting to mark it as mine. Then when I turn around and see the 50 other unmarked water bottles that have migrated around the monitor, I’m not sure which one is mine, and being sort of a germ freak, I’m reluctant to take a swig from a bottle that could have been someone else’s….bad, bad me. I know.

Have a great New Year! Hope 2008 is your best year yet!

No comments: