Jan 3, 2009

Happy New Year

Wishing you a year full of exciting jobs, good pay, nice directors, competent actors, wonderful producers, adoring crew, comfortable locations, and awesome craft service!

Last year's resolution was to be more green on set. Which I feel I have done quite nicely thank you very much, re-using my water bottle and all.

This year my goal for this blog is to get more scripty involvement. Yes, that's YOU out there. I know you are reading...let me know your thoughts!!!

Personally my goal is to notch up my career creatively. After 16 years as a back seat driver, I am looking to branch out. I have a couple of ideas and not certain where they will take me, but if nothing else they will be interesting to try. And hey Universe! Yeah you, the one with the dark, ironic sense of humor. Are you listening? If I fail that's OK. I just want to try.

P.S. To the person who searched "How Important is a Script Supervisor" I would like to answer: VERY!

9 comments:

Nathan said...

Well Happy New Year to you too. And good luck with the uber-plans.

(And psssst. You're supposed to make that "How important is a script supervisor" a link, so we can all see how high up the list your all-powerful blog shows up.)

Papageiena said...

Happy New Year! :)

(I'm a new reader and I was so enthralled by everything you posted, I was up until 4 last night reading all of your posts. I can't wait to read more!)

Scripty said...

Nathan- If I were to show how high up my all-powerful blog is...well, everyone else would be jealous..

Papageiena: Wow, thanks for losing some sleep over this blog! Visit anytime!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I just found your blog! I've been script supervising for the last 13 years! And OMG!! I feel like you're me!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for voicing! I don't feel so alone anymore! 8)

Scripty said...

Thanks Anonymous!
I started this blog...because I was feeling alone!! Being a department of one and all. Thanks for the comment.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a while now and just wanted to see that I feel the same way. I don't work as scripty but as a still photographer and in most case, it is just me. Lunch always reminds me of high school - oh, where do I sit at ? lol !

Scripty said...

Anonymous- I heartily agree, lunch reminds me of high school too...do I sit with the cool kids, the geeks, the rebels, so very true!!!

The Grip Works said...

Sit with the Grips :)

Scripty said...

Thanks Grip Works, I have had many a good conversation while sitting with the Grips! Thanks!